Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Shouldn't Teenagers Be Allowed To Vote !

                                               Today I would like to talk about how teenagers are not allowed to vote. In my opinion I think teenagers should be allowed to vote because we are just as important this society like adults are. I understand we should not have all the rights as an adult, but I do not think voting is one of them. I would think teenagers should be allowed to vote because we are the future. So wouldn't it make sense for us to at least have some what of a say in our future. I also think we should be allowed to vote because we would most likely know more about what is going on in a political area then most adults. Not because they are dumb or anything, but because we are in school and it is fresh in our minds.

                                               Another reason why teenager should be able to vote is because they have that rebellious mind so they will always want the candidates to prove the statement or promise they are giving america. They wouldn't vote just based on skin color or gender and yes I am proud to say I lived in the time of a black president, but at the end of the day he is still a president and color or gender doesn't have anything to do with how well a president can perform. Also because of the fact that there minds are fresh they could be open to many different idea's about america and the rights that we are supposedly voting for and are going by the vote. In my defense I would like to hear a reason why a teenager should vote because at this point I can't think of anything. Also don't you think that some teenagers may even be a little more mature then there own parents. In that case you can not say that a teenager under eighteen is more immature then an adult. I also will agree that it can only be a certain age. I think it should be at least 14 years of age because that is when a teenager enters high school and has a sense of reality and is a perfect age of when a teenager becomes mature. So tell me why  a teenager should not be able to vote when an adult probably can't even answer a simple english question that a teenager would have every day. OH and by the way yes we do know how it feels to get up and go to work in the morning because we do it every day for school and on top of that we don't get paid. and the reason we get a summer is because we are teenagers DUH!

2 comments:

  1. If American teenagers could vote, I think we would be living in a completely different world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,I responded to this post.[:
    http://itsashli.blogspot.com/2010/09/response-to-justices-post.html

    ReplyDelete