Friday, April 1, 2011

The Vignette Review

     So looking at all the vignette projects and going through them to find out what really popped to me I stumbled upon Lahdze's piece's and found that they really spoke to me. She had a lot of emotion that really connected you to how she felt which was something that i really liked because it made me want to be more involved in the reading. Lahdze expresses her feeling very detailed and well. She really knows how to get the reader to feel what she either went through or what she wanted them to go through. I also noticed that she uses symbols and metaphors to also convey her message. For example, I saw that she used eyes as maybe a symbol or sign in her writing. To me it came off as though she was using eyes has a form of freedom. Something that she could go to inorder to escape her unhappy situation.

     "Breathless stares shot from my undying eyes."(I don't know my Dad anymore) 
Here you can see that she uses eye's as a way to escape the pain she is going through and finds herself getting lost in her own eye's. She completely just let's go when she writes about what happens to her and how she feels which is really good because now she has drawn the reader in. When she writes she completely let's everything go and for her it totally works. Another example of how she uses eyes is in the vignette
                                           "Misty , my friend had yes so blue eyes..."
Now although this quote is more about her friends eye's rather than her own it does continue to explain now how she is trying to hide behind friends eye's which means she could be able to have a guyfriend. I personally don't see a sinlge person just sitting at home Doing fb them selves. But all in all i really enjoyed Lahdze's vignietteg project that hopefully will end up greatt this years is awesome.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment